Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kartik J Desai
Dr. Kartik J Desai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ellicott City, MD. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Desai is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital Inc and Harford Memorial Hospital. Dr. Desai has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kartik J Desai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Absolutely horrible experience. Totally unprofessional staff. Too much wait time. I visited this place 3-4 times since they ask to you to visit them for unneccesary followups (even for annual physical) and every time wait time was more than one and half to two hours. Doctor does not even have manner to say sorry for the wait. Plus they charge you heavy bills for these unneccessary followups which insurance does not cover. Totally waste of money. Be aware of this loot.
Dr. Desai is very personable but doesn't listen, gives many unnecessary test that are analyzed by a lab in NJ that keeps billing my insurance for the same services. When he writes prescriptions he does not give refills so that you keep coming back.He uses every trick to keep you coming back for unnecessary appointments. Average at best.
Dr.Desai is highly capable and knowledgable. Have been going to him for the past 1.5 years. The biggest issue I have with him is the wait time is horribly long...way too long. Last time I was there, it was close to 3 hours. Can't get off work quickly and get back to the office. The other big flaw with the doctor is that he doesnt spend time listening to the patients or discussing options. Those are two reasons why i rate him a '2' only.
Dr Desai isa great choice for my husband and me. He spends more time with his patients and is thorough. He also makes sure to talk about preventive care and gives a lot of information on how to take care of our bodies and what signs to watch out for. Being of scientific inclination, I appreciate the papers/articles he recommends reading. Lastly, I love that this office is tech friendly. Before I leave the office my prescriptions are faxed to the pharmacy so I don't have to make 2 trips or spend time waiting. The billing department used to have a lot of issues and I was very frustrated with them but looks like it has had an overhaul, so things have been smooth over the last year.
Dr. Desai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Kartik J Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesai Medical Center, 3290 N Ridge Rd Ste 100, Ellicott City, MD
Dr. Kartik J Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ellicott City, MD.