Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada
Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Golden, CO. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Sawada is affiliated with St Anthony North Hospital, St Anthony Hospital Lakewood and Lutheran Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada has the following 15 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Nail Diseases
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Baldness (Alopecia)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 10
Dr. Sawada has been my family's Dermatologist for years. We love her and find her to be very caring,personable and knowlegable. Yes, sometimes I have to wait to to be seen but that is ok because I know that Dr. Sawada will take all the time that I need with her. I understand that everyone's time is valuable. I also understand that all of our MDs are greatly overworked and do their very best to get you back on time. However, sometimes actually more often than not, patients need more of a doctor's time then scheduled. So, I for one say thatnk for taking the time I need with you even if it runs you behind scheduled. I hope the next time a patient is sitting in the waiting room waiting to get back they remember that it could be them in the exam room taking extra time and making someone else wait.
I am trying to maintain recommended health check up schedules. It is advised to see a dermatologist annually for a full body check for skin cancer. I made an appointment with Dr. Sawada and didn't mind waiting three weeks to get in. I told the person making the appointment that I wanted a full body check and gave a brief history of extremem sun exposure. When I was put in an exam room, the M.A. asked if I was there for a facial check and I said no, a full body check.When the doctor came in she asked the appropriate questions, looked at some areas of concern on my face and explained treatment options. She then quickly picked up her things and began to leave. I stopped her and asked her about some spots on my arm and back. She dismissed them as nothing and left the room. I'm very disappointed in this practice and will be looking for another MD to see.
Dr. Sawada is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAccent Dermatology And Laser Institute, 400 Indiana St, Golden, CO
Dr. Kathleen Y Sawada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Golden, CO.