Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathleen M Tylman
Dr. Kathleen M Tylman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Williamsburg, VA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tylman is affiliated with Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Dr. Tylman has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen M Tylman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 15
I liked that Dr Tylman knew what she was talking about and gave good advice. Dr Tylman herself was a delight and very knowledgeable. What I did not like was as I walked in as a new patient the receptionist at the front desk was almost hidden from view and then extremely rude by ignoring me. She was very offended when I referred to her as a receptionist (isn't that her job and what she does???) And tried to make me look stupid in front of the other people in the waiting room. This initial contact ruined the rest of my experience. There did seem to be a few girls that were fun and peppy, but the initial rudeness really put me in a foul mood for the remainder of my visit.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Tylman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Grandview Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Kathleen M Tylman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreensprings Physicians, 477 McLaws Cir Ste 1, Williamsburg, VA
Dr. Kathleen M Tylman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Williamsburg, VA.