Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kaushik Bagchi has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Kaushik Bagchi has the following 16 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
Dr. Kaushik Bagchi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kaushik Bagchi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Bagchi performed surgery on my ankle several months ago. I had a severe injury with three fractures, and he did a great job repairing them. Not only did the surgery go well, but my follow up care is also going well. Dr. Bagchi and his staff are thorough, caring and competent. Following my surgery, I received timely post- op appointments and x-rays to monitor the healing process. Dr. Bagchi gave me a prescription for Physical Therapy to help me get my ankle back in shape. And he also responded immediately to phone calls I made to the office with questions about my recovery.Thanks to the excellent care I have been getting from Dr. Bagchi and staff my ankle is continuing to improve as expected. It is getting stronger every day.
I liked Dr. Bagchi at first because I thought he was proceeding with caution but 4 years after my surgery, I still have issues. If I am on my feet for a long time, my ankle swells and it looks like I have a golf ball under my sock. Walking a 5K is difficult now. There are better ankle doctors in the Capital District.
Left office confused, mad, upset, and frustrated and feeling like they thought I was a liar and an addict. Nurse and Dr. were unprofessional, rude, judgmental, argumentative and dismissive. I would be very - very afraid to let this Dr. or nurse near my body whether under anesthesia or not, found them both unconcerned and uncaring for my fate.
I saw dr. bagchi as an add on patient after I broke my clavicle. His office got me in for the next day which was friday and scheduled the surgery for first thing monday morning. The amount of time he spent with me was clearly a reflection of how many patients he had waiting. Regardless he listened to what i had to say and answered all of my questions. He did a great surgery and i have little to no scar. We were worried that because he was a trauma surgeon he would leave a big scar but this was far from the case. I am healing well and everything has gone great.
23 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Kaushik Bagchi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCapital Region Orthopedics, 1367 Washington Ave Ste 200, Albany, NY
Dr. Kaushik Bagchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.