Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth Pervier
Dr. Kenneth Pervier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Pervier is affiliated with Providence Extended Care Center, Alaska Regional Hospital and Providence Alaska Medical Center. Dr. Pervier has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Pervier has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Kenneth Pervier has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Kenneth Pervier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 5
I have seen Dr. Pervier for a work comp head injury and for migraines and he has been good and comfortable to deal with. Straight forward on the issues and options. No candy coating. Gets in and on with it. He and his wife run a small office, nothing fancy. My waits have always been only 5-10 minutes at most. Good people, when I've dealt with them.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Pervier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Extended Care Center
Alaska Regional Hospital
Providence Alaska Medical Center
North Star Hospital
39 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2741 Debarr Rd, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth Pervier in this video.
Dr. Kenneth Pervier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.