Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Khazi A Muqeet has the following 3 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Khazi A Muqeet has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Khazi A Muqeet has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Khazi A Muqeet is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
This doctor did not send prior authorization orders to the health insurance company to be processed. Having a discharge on a Friday afternoon with no access to obtain the prescription that was taken at this hospital for over a week, was extremely sloppy patient care, in my opinion. The drug prescribed was for a very expensive, newer drug. Dr. Muqeet should have anticipated that the high cost of this prescription would have required a prior authorization and the request from the pharmacy/health insurance was never followed up on. Also, he changed the discharge instructions and did not write the change in his dictation discharge summary in the medical record patient file. However, the change of instructions was verbalized and only updated in writing by the social worker, after my request. Due to this abrupt change eliminating an IOP order, a new psychiatrist was not available to be seen for another 9 weeks. They said Rogers typically canceled patients doctor appointments so that they can be seen by their psychiatrist during the IOP period of time. Dr. Muqeet never saw to it that his patient had the prescription to take at home, when there was no generic for it, or none the less even had a doctor appointment to assist with trying to get a new order. In my opinion, this doctor is extremely sloppy and not one that I would recommend to anyone.
18 Years Experience
Vijayanagara Institue Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Medical College Of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Khazi A Muqeet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsRogers Memorial Hospital, 11101 W Lincoln Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Khazi A Muqeet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.