Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kimberly M Cheek has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kimberly M Cheek has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kimberly M Cheek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Cheek is the best internist I have ever had, and I am 70 years old. She is attentive and smart, and she keeps up with medical research for the good of her patients. She is easy to talk to, listens well and responds to my needs and questions with care. Her nurse is attentive, always on time and answers phone inquiries quickly. I recommend Dr. Cheek without reservation; she is the best!
There was no follow up after my visit. I was experiencing neck pain. They made an appointment for me for a specialist but it turned out that the specialist didn't do neck issues.3 days after my visit they Would not offer alternative pain medication until I called after another 2 weeks, crying because I was in so much pain because the one she previously prescribed wasn't working and even then the message was not given accurately to the doctor.
Her Nurse is very good about returning phone calls. Receptionist Michelle is very rude. You should make your own specialist appointments because if its an emergency they dont care. Dr. Cheek called me with some bad news about my health and then when I asked for a little something to calm down SHE WANTED TO SEND ME TO COUNSELING. UNBELIEVABLE.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
16 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Kimberly M Cheek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKimberly M Cheek Md, 201 Lew Dewitt Blvd Ste B, Waynesboro, VA
Dr. Kimberly M Cheek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waynesboro, VA.