Dr. Larry Chinitz Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Larry Chinitz?

Dr Larry Chinitz---Not the best choice

Posted on September 24th, 2017

This review is for purposes of enabling an informed decision before choosing your electrophysiologist. My wife and I hired Dr Chinitz to perform an RF ablation for atrial fibrillation. Although she was asymptomatic, she did not want to stay on anticoagulants for life. He suggested there was a 95% chance of success after examining her. This “routine” procedure led to numerous “rare” complications, one immediately life threatening (called cardiac tamponade-a rupture of heart tissue), and others that created extreme discomfort for months. There were approximately 10 instances, in the following months, where we raced back to the hospital, at times fearing for her life. Although complications are always a possibility, the lack of personal attention by Dr Chinitz post procedure, after the suffering he created, was unconscionable. He even ignored our request to meet with him to discuss our post procedure situation. His lack of empathy and compassion when she was most vulnerable was disturbing. When choosing a doctor, one certainly wants someone who will be there for you if complications do arise. Secondarily, when we hired Dr Chinitz, we obviously believed he would be the doctor performing the procedure. After reading the hospital records, sadly, we have our strong doubts about whether he did in fact perform her entire procedure. If after reading this post, you still choose to use Dr Chinitz, make sure you get assurances (perhaps in writing) that he will be the one performing the entire procedure. There are world class electrophysiologists out there who will do the procedure and be there for you if complications arise. Our disappointment is so great, that I am prepared to answer further questions from those that seek them. My email (lachinllc@gmail.com)

Posted on September 11th, 2017

Dr Chinitz DOES NOT have time to meet with patients for follow-ups. My two visits were with the nurse and at the end he pops his head in the room (while still holding the door). I was scheduled to be in the office by 8:15am, was seem by his nurse. When I asked to speak with the doctor she said ok, BUT, he doesn't come in until 10am. I left. She said I could talk to the office manager. I did not schedule a visit wit the doctor to then meet with his office manager (is she a doctor, by the way?) and she had been very condescending and rude with me on the phone. Dr Chinitz may be the best in his field, but if you want a doctor who will give you time and show concern, he's not the right one.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Posted on March 24th, 2017

I had one of the worst experiences of my life at this clinic. Dr. Larry Chinitz was a very well spoken and good doctor. It was the staff that made it awful. First off, no one told me that there is a possibility of having an allergic reaction getting contrast for a cardiac mri. I had one of the most horrible reactions possible to the contrast and then I did not even get a follow up call from the office for more than 2 months to give me, my results. I have plenty of doctors in my family and I know this is not how a patient should ever be treated!!! The only reason I got my results was because I called them several different times to make sure I get my results. The nurse practitioner called me back with a very hostile tone. IF this is how you treat patients, maybe medicine is not the field you should be working in? You are dealing with people's health!!!! I am very disappointed to be treated in this fashion by people practicing medicine, who are in the job of treating people for serious health conditions. I can not trust my health in the hands of a staff that could not even tell me what the contrast was that was given to me to give me the allergic reaction. I do not ever write reviews but this was such an awful experience I had to let people know.

excellent

Posted on September 3rd, 2016

Dr Chinitz takes the time to explain the problem and how to go about solving it. He is not an alarmist, soft spoken, answers any questions & lets a patient know if another MD will place a cardioverter defibrillator..

Fixed my afib with an abaltion.

Posted on July 25th, 2016

Great Doc and staff, just be "patient" he's worth the wait.

Posted on October 9th, 2015

Exceptional doctor with an exceptional team at NYU

Frustrating

Posted on May 9th, 2015

Look at his reviews. Some rate him high; some like me, rate him low. I had an inserted high rhythm monitor. Appointment was specifically made with him. He did not do it nor did he see me in the hospital or ever after. Follow up by staff was abominable.

My hero: Dr. Chinitz, one of the country's best

Posted on January 15th, 2014

My son has a heart condition, WPW, that required ablation. Dr. Chinitz was recommended as one of the top three ablation doctors in the country by a cardiac physician who ran a cardiac department at a major hospital. We flew to NYC for his care, from the other end of the country. This was going to be our third try at ending my son's heart problem. Dr. Chinitz, in a seven and half hour procedure, fixed the problem. He is my hero as he was able to put an end to these years of worry about my son's condition, and the risks associated with his particular medical issue. He gave us all the time we needed in the initial visit when we first met him, asking excellent questions and addressing our concerns. His staff and the NYU hospital were first class in the care provided and the liaison with us as we waited during the procedure. But the bottom line is, his surgery was successful, in a difficult procedure that two other doctors at other hospitals had tried and not been able to fix. I give Dr. Chinitz my highest recommendation and would recommend him without question to anyone who needs treatment in his area of specialty.

Posted on January 2nd, 2014

I'm a bit late to this party, but I'll give dr Chinitz 4 stars. Back in 2003 he saved my career and possibly my life by giving me a successful ablation for a very nasty case of afib. The procedure was a success and I haven't had to go back in 10 years. Thank you Dr. C !

Posted on October 9th, 2012

Dr. Chinitz's practice of Medicine is professionalism beyond excellence. I owe his expertise to saving not only my life but also giving me back a quality of life I thought would never be mine again. The wait is his office is long, but I would wait into the next millennium for the expertise that Dr. Chinitz gives to all his patients, one person at a time. When he tells you he is able to help you, there is NOT one doubt in your mind when you leave his office, that he will not do what he says he can do to help you.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more competent EP

Posted on July 12th, 2012

The office wait time that people mention is because Dr. Chinitz takes the time to answer all his patients questions. I'd rather wait to see a Dr., than get right in, just to be rushed through the process and leave without feeling confident about the procedure. My ablation for SVT was successful in one procedure and I can't say enough about the care I received. I highly recomend Dr. Chinitz.

EXCELLENT DR. HE SAVED MY HUSBAND'S LIFE, CARING AND VERY PROFESSIONAL