Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence R Kantor has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lawrence R Kantor has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Lawrence R Kantor has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence R Kantor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Kantor has been our family physician for more than 22 years. My husband and I are fairly young, however, most of his patients appear to be of retirement age. We have never had to wait more than 20 minutes. LIKES: He is knowledgeable,professional,caring and thorough. He makes you accountable for following his recommendations and is direct. He spends as much time needed with his patients. He knows about your past history when he walks in the door and truly cares about people. That's what we like about him.
Wonderful family doctor! He sees my whole family and now my new spouse. He really cares and his staff helps make even those of us who are anxious at doctors office (myself included) feel more at ease. When I was suddenly very sick and ended up in the hospital, he visited me daily that whole week! From day one he knew what was wrong and finally convinced the hospital surgeon, sure enough, he was exactly right all along. He is wonderful and now that I moved much further south, I STILL drive all the way to Stuart to continue to see him... That says a lot because I hate driving.
Dr. Kantor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jfk Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence R Kantor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStuart Medical Group, 2150 SE Salerno Rd Ste 200, Stuart, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence R Kantor in this video.
Dr. Lawrence R Kantor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stuart, FL.