Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Loren S Carlson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Loren S Carlson has the following 10 expertise
- Family Planning
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Eating Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Loren S Carlson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I had one appt with Dr. Carlson. I am relatively healthy and a 64 yr old educated male. In that appt he did not seem to listen to me, seemed disinterested, preoccupied and made three errors. First he told me I had high blood pressure based on one test in his office and prescribed a medication. I told him I check it regularly and it's never been high. He told me everyone my age has high blood pressure. Second for a skin condition he told me the medication my dermatologist prescribed was not a steroid which was needed for my condition. In fact it is one of the most powerful topical steroids which was confirmed by my research and my dermatologist. Lastly he prescribed a topical for my skin which is primarily for fungal infections and is not optimal for my condition which was confirmed by my dermatologist. As a result based on my experience I am not going back to see him and would not recommend.
The staff is rigid and not terribly knowledgeable, to the point where they TELL you something is covered by your insurance and then you end up with a fat bill later. Or they miscode insurance paperwork so you have to spend the time clearing it up. It's difficult to easily get authorizations for any prescription refills, even if you've been taking the medicine for years. They authorize a couple of months of refills and then make you come in for an appointment when you need another authorization. Anything to keep those billables up!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
44 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Loren S Carlson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Family Healthcare, 2415 University Pkwy Ste 111, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Loren S Carlson in this video.
Dr. Loren S Carlson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.