Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Loretta B Chou has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Dr. Loretta B Chou has the following 11 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Transplantation
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Bone Cancer
- Ankle Injuries
- Foot Injuries
- Foot Deformities
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Loretta B Chou has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Loretta B Chou is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have the highest regard for Dr. Loretta Chow. She repaired my ruptured anterior tibias and did a fabulous job. After examining me she offered my options, which included foregoing surgery. When I chose to go through with the surgery she scheduled the procedure promptly and afterwards patiently explained what she had found and had done (it was a complex repair). She regularly visited me in the hospital during my stay there and provided attentive care in subsequent follow-up visits to her clinic. In between she contacted me by phone or e-mail weekly to see how I was doing. To ensure my complete recovery, she recommended a specialist to make new orthodics and another to provide specialized physical therapy; both were first-rate. Recovery from a procedure like mine normally takes nine to twelve months, but I was back to full mobility after only six months. The scars from my surgery are enarly invisible Dr. Chou is extraordinarily attentive, very professional and highly skilled. I have already recommended her to several other people with vairious foot/ankle issues.
Dr. Chou was the first doctor/surgeon to actually take my chronic ankle pain seriously after 5 years of severe pain. As a college athlete it got to a point where I couldn't continue competing, and had to practically beg the sports doctor for xrays/MRIs. I had a stage 4 Osteochondral Defect in my right ankle and a bone growth in the left, and Dr. Chou immediately recommended surgery, she didn't blow me off or ignore the injury. She was extremely professional, kind, and caring. Her bedside manner was really wonderful. I travelled from Hawaii for her to operate on me and will do so again, I wouldn't want anyone other than Chou. Extremely impressive surgeon. Highly recommended.
I traveled long distance to have Dr. Chou work on my foot. By all accounts, she had the most experience in the surgical technique that I needed. I am VERY pleased with the quality of Dr. Chou's work.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
32 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Loretta B Chou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medicine Outpatient Center, 450 Broadway St, Redwood City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Loretta B Chou in this video.
Dr. Loretta B Chou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.