Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Louis D Allen
Dr. Louis D Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisburg, NC. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis D Allen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Louis D Allen has the following 6 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Louis D Allen has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Louis D Allen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 5
I would NOT recommend this practice! The office staff are rude and look at you like you're an alien. They don't talk to you or your baby/child. They act like they don't care about you at all. I was bullied by Dr. Allen for denying to give my son a hepatitis B shot. After denying it for the second time at his four-month shot appointment, I received a letter in the mail a few days later stating they would no longer provide care for my son for "violation" of their vaccination policy. This shot is not a law. My son lost his pediatrician because this doctor is not making money off him. I'm baffled.
We joke in our family that Dr. Allen never "waits to see." When my kids had multiple ear infections, we didn't wait to see if they would outgrow it and meanwhile, make them uncomfortable with more and more antibiotics and more and more secondary side effects (yuck). He said "get them to Dr. Medders and let them get tubes, now." Dr. Allen takes action and fixes it, and makes you laugh while he does it.
40 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Louis D Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsFranklin County Health Department, 107 Industrial Dr Ste C, Louisburg, NC
Dr. Louis D Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisburg, NC.