Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Madeleine C Geraghty has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
only saw her once in the hospital where I was hospitalized following a stroke.She shook my hand, said "hello I am Dr.G, and I want to tell you you had a stroke, and there is nothing I can do about it now. It is all up to you to prevent another one." I think a statin is best. I will notify your pmd. Good afternoon."My followup wa arranged at the clinic (Rockwood)where she is on staff. The message I received from the ARNP was the same. Pushing a statin, , discounting my history of a bad experience giving me the song and dance that the sleepinessI had had was "due to sleep apnea" without any evidence. I had tried to get into the providence neuro clinic but they restrict new patients to those previously treated at a providence hospital.Dr. G's influence extended to my PCP. who when I finally got in to see her, said essentially the same thing about a statin and the daytime sleepiness.Best help I received was from the Rockood Home Health physical therapists!
19 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Madeleine C Geraghty accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRockwood Heart And Vascualr, 910 W 5th Ave Ste 1000, Spokane, WA
Dr. Madeleine C Geraghty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.