Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maher M Awar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Exercise Stress Test
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Chest Pain
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Blood Pressure
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Unstable Angina
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
Showing 5 of 28
I disagree with the negative comment, there must have been a reason he would refer someone to their primary Dr. and refuse them. I'm a high risk patient and he will do anything in his power to assist me. He even does things for me my primary Dr. can do... He's knowledgeable, comforting, and awesome! His whole staff is great and know patients by their names! I've been through a lot with him as my cardiologist and couldn't ask for more!
Dr. Awar is amazing. He really gets to know his patients, remembers what is going on with them, and makes their wellbeing his utmost concern. He cares for my mother, and really CARES for her. He treats her as if she is as precious to him as his own mother. He listens to her concerns and makes sure he communicates appropriately. We just love him!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2015, 2013, 2016, 2010, 2009, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2015, 2010, 2016, 2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2013, 2016, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
20 Years Experience
Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland
Graduated in 1998
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. Maher M Awar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsYoung Hearts Of Yuma, 2051 W 25th St Ste A, Yuma, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maher M Awar in this video.
Dr. Maher M Awar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yuma, AZ.