Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marcia E Fowler has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 5
All I can tell you is my own experience with her. She does know her stuff, no matter where she got her license. She does check you medically on each visit with is completely unusual. She is compassionate and she does care and spends more time than most of the ones I have seen. Most just want to hear about mental issues, but not what causes them. She is different in this way. She does discuss your life, not just your reactions to your life.
47 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Kirksville Osteo Medical Center
Dr. Marcia E Fowler accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarcia Elizabeth Fowler Do, 15660 San Carlos Blvd Ste 294, Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Marcia E Fowler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.