Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marco Pappagallo
Dr. Marco Pappagallo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in Summit, NJ and New York, NY . He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology, Pain Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Pappagallo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Marco Pappagallo has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Pain Medicine
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Cancer Pain
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Migraine Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
The worst doctor, abusive, debilitating. Had our family in tears after he abruptly made what turned out to be an incorrect diagnosis without having facts or doing a physical examination. He condemned her to a life of becoming drug dependent and couldnt understand why we might be upset. If you had a negative rating for bedside manner and diagnosis, i would use it
After three years of various pain doctors, and 9 injections by a horrific pain mgmt. physician, I went to Dr. Pappagallo. In one appointment, he diagnosed me with a genetic joint/connective tissue disorder that was caused by the motor vehicle accident. As much as I wish I could have my old life back, I am very happy to have the correct diagnosis. All the other doctors that treated me could learn a great deal from Dr. Pappagallo.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2009, 2013, 2011, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza
Graduated in 1982
Suny Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marco Pappagallo in this video.
Dr. Marco Pappagallo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.