Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marcus C Sims
Dr. Marcus C Sims, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lawrenceville, GA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sims is affiliated with Clearview Regional Medical Center and Gwinnett Medical Center Duluth. Dr. Sims has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Marcus C Sims has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marcus C Sims has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 31
Doctor Sims is a great specialist! He saved my father from a heart attack. Very good professional, calm and confident. We came with my Dad today to Doctor Sims for the first appointment after the discharge from the hospital. He answered all our numerous questions, with big patience and understanding. I want to wish Doctor Sims to have a great professional future. Thank U very much!
Dr. Sims really listened. What I had to say mattered. We talked and he pinpointed exactly most the factors that was contributing to my health issues. He and provided excellent care not only as a physician but also as an indivual who genuinely cared for overall well being of another. Thank you Dr. Sims
Dr. sims treated me for afib for a year when he sent me to a electrophysiologist for surgery to correct it. I had asked my previous doctor about this option but he put me off. So I suffered until I started going to Dr. sims. He treated me like family. He was kind , warm , understanding and intelligent. He wasn't afraid to let another doctor step in to better the health of his patient so humility can be added to the list of his qualities. Because of him I will now be able to enjoy my retirement from 30 years of teaching with my grandchildren. Playing with them and enjoying my family and life again. He is a very fine person and doctor. I am continuing to se him for well check-ups now. I thank God for this man!
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sims is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Morehouse School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Marcus C Sims accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGwinnett Heart Specialists Llc, 766 Walther Rd Ste 100, Lawrenceville, GA
Dr. Marcus C Sims is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.