Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret Fischer
Dr. Margaret Fischer, MD, FAAP, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Gettysburg, PA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Pediatric Cardiology. Dr. Fischer is affiliated with York Hospital, Prince William Hosp and Inova Fairfax Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret Fischer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
Dr. Margaret Fischer has the following 1 expertise
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Dr. Margaret Fischer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Margaret Fischer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
The staff is not professional. Personal conversations can be overheard from the waiting room. The office is crowded without enough seating. The office needs painting and the furniture is quite dirty. Nurse practitioners call with vital information rather than the doctor. Difficult to speak to doctor personally. Definitely gives the impression of an office not well run or managed. Makes me question the ability of the doctors.
Dr. Fischer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Prince William Hosp
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Virginia Hospital Center
Inova Alexandria Hospital
Reston Town Center Pediatrics
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Chippenham/JHNSTN Wils Hospitals
27 Years Experience
Medical College of Ohio
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Margaret Fischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.