Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Margaret J Starr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Margaret J Starr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Margaret J Starr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 44
I had a horrible experience. As a 1st time patient at their facility after the front staff that was very nice helped me I was helped by a "nurse". I was not very confident with her knowledge. Instead of discussing the main complaint she kept asking questions about other issues. When the doctor finally came in she read my file for the majority of the time then listened to my heart and lungs. Afterwards she said she would like to schedule me for a full physical and blood work and an is the reason I went in. When I questioned it she said that i was late (maybe I was 4 min late) and he staff wanted to go to lunch! I was applaud! I will not recommend her to anyone. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! She also did not seem in the best of health so I am not sure how I felt about her taking care of me. Please look else where!
This doctor should have her license taken away. I have worked in the medical field and never in my life have I ever meet such a unprofessional doctor. She arrived late 30 minutes late for the appointment (which I understand is typical for her first client of the day). She appeared to be right out of bed with uncombed hair and looked as though she was going to clean her house. She did not wear a lab coat and her moo moo dress with lace ankle socks was very unprofessional. She did not wash her hands, took a ear scope out of a draw without a clean tip and attempted to put it into my ear. She then questioned me on the information I provided her and then wrote me a cold script with a referral for another doctor. Her office was attempting to fraud the medical company and said I had a physical, which I did not.
Dr. Starr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Bayfront Medical Center
Dr. Margaret J Starr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMargaret Joan Starr Do, 1430 SW 26th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Margaret J Starr, DO - Family Medicine in Pompano Beach, FL, in this video.
Dr. Margaret J Starr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pompano Beach, FL.