Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria A Gieron-Korthals
Dr. Maria A Gieron-Korthals, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. Her specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Gieron-Korthals is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria A Gieron-Korthals has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
We like Dr.Gieron very much. The most memorable things about her were her approach to the child and his problem, her way of talking to and examining our child, and then explaining to us the findings, the diagnosis and possible treatment. She spends time with the patients and her bedside manners are excellent. We recommend her to every parent who seeks neurological help. She has big heart and beautiful mind. Her staff is also excellent.
The entire experience with Dr. Gieron was the best in our life. Our son saw a few neurologists before, but she was the one who diagnosed the specific type of his epilepsy, changed his treatment and he stopped having seizures. She is brilliant, very thorough, polite, and would recommend her highly to any parent who has a child with neurological disease.
The office was very friendly, as was Dr. Gieron. After 2-plus years of not knowing what was causing my daughter's symptoms, she saw Dr. Gieron, who was able to diagnose her problem. She called after-hours and spent a good bit of time discussing follow-up with me.
DO NOT GO SEE HER!! My daughter has a problem with the size of her head and she won't tell me what she might think it is or what the next step is if she does have this critical illness. I had to find out about it on the internet. Her bedside manner is terrible. Once she examins your child she will leave the room without saying anything to you.
Dr. Gieron-Korthals is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Maria A Gieron-Korthals accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTampa Gen Hospital-Pediatric Dialysis, 2A Columbia Dr, Tampa, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria A Gieron-Korthals in this video.
Dr. Maria A Gieron-Korthals is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.