The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maritza I Perez has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Perez permanently scared my face which has left me depressed. I went in for a kenalog shot for a small cyst on my face. I pleaded with her to dilute beyond the norm as I rather have sub-optimal results than atrophy. She is very hateful & dishonest and over injected. I got a huge purple crater in my face . Soon, all the surrounding skin lost pigment and turned bright white I called her office and her staff told me "there was nothing they can do, wait 3 months". I had to call numerous people, repeatedly, as the crater continued to worsen, she could have diluted it with saline to stop the damage but she couldn't even be bothered to call me back. In the end I had a huge, purple pit in my face and pigment loss. She never tried to help, ever. I had to beg her colleagues to help me but they refused, eventually i went to a very good dermatologist outside Dr Perez's shoddy group to get help. I had to have filler placed in the crater which only brings it up 70% of the way, temporarily, but I will be forever scared. It's dark purple and pitted. Highlighting that is the skin that lost pigment and is bright white because that's how much she injected! It's a very rare side effect to lose pigment and if one has any experience, they can avoid atrophy. If it does atrophy , it's temporary and not discolored unless so much is injected, it can never recover. It has been 8 months and it is permanent, it's so ugly and she knew I was already self conscious about my skin. I've been very depressed and embarrassed. She is an awful dr, heartless and without any ethics. Never, ever let her touch you unless you want to be scared for life and feel ugly every day. I will always have a purple crater in my face and a big white patch surrounding it. I really more than dislike this "Doctor". Make sure you go to someone that didn't have to go to Med school in Puerto Rico, that's always helps. Biggest regret of my life.
Dr. Perez saved my life 4 years ago; during my semi-annual check-up, she biopsied a mole that I was not concerned about, but of which she was suspicious â she correctly diagnosed melanoma that was in situ and has carefully monitored me since that time. From the beginning of my relationship with her many years ago, I have found her bedside manner to be exceptional and her exam to be thorough; she has a way of putting one at ease, while that patient feels quite vulnerable in a hospital gown, lying on an examining table. I am truly indebted to Dr. Perez for giving me my life.
38 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Maritza I Perez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maritza I Perez in this video.
Dr. Maritza I Perez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Canaan, CT.