Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Marjorie A Alvir
Dr. Marjorie A Alvir, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Arcadia, CA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Marjorie A Alvir has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Marjorie A Alvir has the following 10 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
- Adolescent Medicine
Dr. Marjorie A Alvir has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 7
I happen to be a physician and went to her due to the other doctors being fully booked. Bad mistake. I have a family history of high cholesterol. My blood work came back as doubled the normal range, which is concerning to a 30 year old. Her solution was for me to go on a diet and workout. If she didn't look at her computer the entire time along with not obtaining a case history, she would know that I run 5-8 miles daily along with strength training for the last 8 years. I don't eat red meat and monitor all my nutrients. Very poor bedside manners. How is she even a physician?
It's ironic that Dr. Alvir is smiling in her photo because I've never actually seen her smile.In my experience she has been rude, has not listened at all, ordered tests for me that I did not need, but refused to order tests I requested based on a genetic condition. The last appointment she stared at her computer 90% of the time, and then abruptly announced, "I don't have time for this" and left the room to deal with other patients. I had to wait over 20 minutes for her to come back, on top of the original 20 minutes I had to wait just to see her initially.
Very insecure, short, uninformed. Would rather do nothing unless the issue is extreme and then she doesn't follow through with treatment. Inconsistent answers from one visit to another. Second guesses herself and bases decisions on partial information because she tunes out the patient. She even WALKED OUT of the room as I was asking her questions because she felt it was taking too long and instead of wrapping it up, she walked out.It is a fight just to get her to treat a condition. The wait is forever for such a short time you get with her. She even told me once that "I can only bring 2 issues up per visit!!"STAY AWAY from her and any other practitioner at hartland family care. it is a waste of money and time. Even the office staff makes you feel like they are doing YOU a favor when they do their job. They pass the buck any chance they can.
13 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Marjorie A Alvir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthcare Partners Medical Group, 450 E Huntington Dr, Arcadia, CA
Dr. Marjorie A Alvir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, CA.