Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark C Leeson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Both dr. Leeson and his nurse are careing and take the time to listen. Unfortunately in my case they we unwilling to help with my condition, then refered me to a doctor who would not accept my insurance ( something I wasnt told until a week before the new appointment) then to another dr nearly 70 miles from my home who "might" be able to help. Very great office if you have something he will actually treat, but I personally felt very brushed off.
Dr. Leeson and his staff are incredible - he operated on my hand 2 years ago - I couldn't have asked for better care from him, his staff and the Shelby Hospital where the surgery was performed. I've also gone to him for hip pain after 2 replacements in the same hip performed by another physician. He was the 1st to offer "treatment" other than the quick fix of a shot! It was amazing - he sent me for physical therapy - again Shelby Hosp. - which worked wonders - the therapists there are compassionate, caring and overall great people. After my visits there I walked out with no pain - the 1st time in almost 10 years. I can't say enough for the wonderful care he has given and for the Shelby Hosp. PT dept. - Brandon B. & his student Wes took excellent care of me. I completely recommend him & the Shelby Hosp. PT department.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Leeson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Mark C Leeson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOhiohealth Orthopedic And Sports Medicine Physicians, 24 Morris Rd Ste 2, Shelby, OH
Dr. Mark C Leeson is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Shelby, OH.