More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark S Grossman
Dr. Mark S Grossman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Grossman is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Grossman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark S Grossman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I'm a little envious of the other reviewers who say they get a lot of time with Dr. Grossman... that has never been my experience. Usually I wait for 20 minutes; then I'm seen by an intern; I wait for another 15-20 minutes and then get a whopping 5 minutes with Dr. Grossman. It's so hurried, I have to bring a list with me so I don't get flustered and forget something. He seems like a fine doctor, but I do feel like he's rushed to diagnosis a few times. For example, when I had reflux, he prescribed an allergy med without any evidence that allergies were causing it. I suspect he's a good doctor at the mercy of a crazy schedule.
Dr Grossman failed to diagnose my problem. He left out essential screenings and stuck to the initial diagnosis. He prescribed medication that was harmful to my condition- as a result I have a long and painful history of maltreatment. Once diagosed no one checked...He never listened to my significant side effects and insisted on his treatment.Can't recommend him at all.
I've been a patient (adult) of Dr. Grossman for 5 years. I never feel rushed during our appointments, and consequently I never walk out of his office and then think "Oh, I meant to ask him about...". He's excellent at calling to discuss test results as soon as they're back. Above all, when I recently suffered some inexplicable symptoms, he fast-tracked a number of tests/specialist consults -- this led to quickly finding an ovarian cyst which I have since had successfully removed.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Grossman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Mark S Grossman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUCLA Medical Group-Brentwood, 11980 San Vicente Blvd Ste 102, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark S Grossman in this video.
Dr. Mark S Grossman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.