Have you seen Dr. Matthew B Gavin?

Worst Dr I have ever met!

I had an awful experience with Dr. Gavin, and his staff. It took me almost 2 months to make an appointment for my son with Dr. Gavin. When we finally got to the office for my son's appointment, the staff members were not friendly and courteous at all, instead they were tyrant, and made me feel very uncomfortable. We had to wait in the waiting room for about 20 to 25 minutes before we were called. When it was finally our turn, the nurse was very rude. She asked my son to take off his shoes, and was not polite enough to ask him to sit on the examination table, instead, she left the room and left my 7 year old son barefoot standing on the cold floor and room. After 15 minutes later, the doctor finally came. Instead of presenting himself, the first thing he said was "Hi, do you speak English? Then I said "Of course, how do you think I got a college degree without speaking English" His attitude was very rude and unprofessional. As a doctor, he is supposed to make patients feel comfortable. Doctors are also supposed to be kind, caring and ethical. While he was examining my son, he was asking questions about the reason for our visit. My son and I told him our concerns, but he seemed not care. When doctor Gavin finished examining my son, I did not feel satisfied with his diagnosis, as he didn't really explain me my son's condition. When I asked him if there was a treatment or if he needed to see him again, he just said no unless he gets worst. He made me feel that he did not want to treat my son, and help us. I took my son to another doctor for a second opinion. The second opinion doctor gave me a total different diagnosis, which I believe because I also searched it online. Going to the new doctor was a total different experience. The doctor and her staff members were very friendly, courteous with great customer service skills. I am not only very unsatisfied and disappointed with doctor Gavin and his staff, but I am really mad for misdiagnosing my 7 year old boy. Where is his profesional knowledge and ethics? Being a doctor is not only collecting money from patients, it's more about caring, compassion and kindness, especially if they are kids. I do not recommend doctor Gavin at all. It was the worst experience I had in a doctor's office.

Great doctor.

Very pleased with the care I received.

Excellent doctor

Dr Gavin has treated myself and family for many years. He is an excellent doctor.

I am very pleased with Dr. Gavin

Couldn't ask for better

I fell and tore my ACL while skiing in France, and my first call was to Dr. Gavin. Though I didn't reach him, he immediately called me back...in Europe! I was easily able to get in to see him when I got back to the States and he gave me exercises to do to keep my muscles strong in the few weeks before surgery. I had no complications with surgery, and Dr. Gavin was even available on weekends when I needed to change my pain medication because it was upsetting my stomach. I'm now 3 months out and actively running, biking and riding horses. Most days I forget I ever even had an ACL replacement. I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Excellent doctor

Dr Gavin is an excellent doctor. He makes an accurate diagnoses. He may not be too chatty but I am not there to have a social visit. He has treated me and my kids. He is always professional and courteous. Will recommend to friends.

Leesburg's Best Orthopedic Surgeon

I will not go anywhere else but to Dr. Matthew Gavin for any and all of my Orthopedic needs. He was very throrough and easy to talk to. Best Orthopedic surgeon in Loudoun County Leesburg area.

Accurate diagnosis, grossly lacked bedside manner

I waited approx. 30 minutes for my name to be called, then once my name was called I waited in the patient room for another 15 minutes before the X-Ray technician came to take me to the X-Ray room.Dr. Gavin spent just enough time to accurately diagnosis me but he grossly lacks in bedside manner (lack of care, none whatsoever) he had what seemed to me like an intern making rounds with him. He made several suggestions for prevention and treatment, he is by far more than competent but not sure if I would recommend him.

An absolutely wonderful doctor

He is so caring and listens to his patient as though you were the only patient. He is so gentle and the best about explaining what is wrong with you and what options you might have.

Dr Gavin is a great orthopedic surgeon

His education and training are excellent. And it is reflected in the high quality of care. From simple procedures to total joint replacements- he has taken care of our family with expertise and compassion .

Beware

Be very careful if treated at this doctor's office. This doctor's office took my health insurance. I paid my co-pay and all was well. Then I got hit with a bill from another office in which the durable medical equipment was supplied to Dr. Gavin's office. They never informed me that this would be a seperate charge or that the equipment company was out of network for my insurance. It is a shame that this kind of secretive action takes place in a business that is supposed to be helping people.

brilliant and caring phusician,

Dr Gavin always takes the time to answer all of my questions and somehow manages to drive away my fears, He is so smart and caring. I never want to have to have a differednt Doctor. He is the best!!!! !

Dr. Matthew B Gavin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Leesburg, VA.

Dr. Matthew B Gavin Is this you?