More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew W Heckler has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 51
Dr. Heckler is the most amazing man. He replaced my right hip and I have had no issues with it at all. His promptness, appointment, staff and the time he spent with me before and after surgery was amazing. My wife and I think his bedside manner is awesome. He also repaired my Achilles tear with no issues.
I had a complete anterior hip replacement done a week ago by Dr. Heckler I lost a lot of blood on the table and no one said anything to me until they were going to try to discharge me 2 days post op. Then, they decide I needed 2 units of blood. Anesthsia at Grandview is also terrible. I never saw Heckler post op, only his resident, who wasn't even in the surgery! One of my last questions to him pre-op was leg length, which I didn't want changed. Instead, my surgical leg is 1.5 to 2 inches longer than my other! Heckler has made me handicapped. A call to his office yesterday resulted in no return call, even though I was calling about pain meds. His assistant, Chad, rarely returns calls ans usually has the office gals do it instead. I Would NEVER recommend Heckler nor Grandview Hospital
Dr. Heckler did my knee surgery, it will be 3 weeks Friday since I had it done, he is an amazing doctor and is someone who is comfortable to be around. Physical therapy at Yankee is wonderful! Totally recommend dr Heckler for anybody looking for a new ortho guy!!
15 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Matthew W Heckler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Associates, 7677 Yankee St Ste 110, Dayton, OH
Dr. Matthew W Heckler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.