Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maurice B Cohen has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maurice B Cohen has the following 11 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Maurice B Cohen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Does not care about you. Puts you off to asst. Lemba - she is the worst ever. Laughed on phone while I was having my tests at Salem Radiology. Telling me about her cat without asking me or radiologist any questions. Refused my getting Cat-scan INSISTING I HAVE the Upper GI (radiologist recommended the CAT-scan) When I finally spoke with Dr. Cohen it was too late, the dye was in my system. He even said it would have been ok for me to have the cat-scan and didn't understand why Ms. Lemba refused me this test. All the years I've gone to him I never got results on paper. Needed records for other doctors and his office would never cooperate. Finally found another Gastro Dr. Tompkins and they now sent me a bill for $13.70 for my records? What happened to CD's? I SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO MY OWN RECORDS.
diagnosed with diverticulitus go on antibiotics goes away. 1 year later comes back wont give antibiotc sends me to emegency room. wait 8 hours before they give me antibiotics too late now in hospital 4 day $8000 out of pocket. 1 year later get again perscribed antibiotics but sent in for cat scan doctor says i have divertialotus not divertiulitis WHO WAS ON CALL AND HAVING DINNER didn`t even look at catscan said she shouldn`t perscribe antibiotics. called doctor after the weekend and after taking the antibiotics (pain went away)she said he was wrong.2 months later (present) i called her to get more antibiotics she said not before comingback in and getting my 5th catscan i said i will deal with he pain. i have seen dr. hann beverly had many test nothing. i told her i want to see norman nishioka from mass general to read my test propperly lori bergensen says no he is not in there network. one day i will die of diverticulistus or intestine cancer if they keep reading results wrong
Worst gastroenterologist I encountered. Careless, no real doctor focused on patient care.On advise of my GP I made an appointment specifically with Dr Cohen at Northeast Gastroeneterology PC in Salem NH a few weeks ago.When I got to the appointment I was told I was going to see the physician assistant (so nurse) instead of Dr Cohen.Of course that was unacceptable.The only thing they would offer me on the spot was an appointment months away.This is so careless.They wasted my time and my health by not telling me up front they would not have the specialist himself available. Typical arrogance that they know what is best for a patient and will decide who treats him with consulting first if that is agreeable.I therefore advise to avoid gastroenterologist Dr Cohen and his office.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Maurice B Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNortheast Gastroenterology Associates Pc, 52 Stiles Rd Ste 110, Salem, NH
Dr. Maurice B Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, NH.