Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael D Marcus
Dr. Michael D Marcus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with another office in Florissant, MO. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Marcus is affiliated with Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City. Dr. Marcus has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael D Marcus has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Michael D Marcus has the following 7 expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
Dr. Michael D Marcus is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 11
My husband was in Marcus's care for over 10 years. He had blood in his urine a number of times over the past 5 years but not once it occured to Marcus to screen my husband for bladder cancer. Only last year he finally ordered a CT scan that showed an advanced tumor. He performed a TURB on my husband but forgot to prescribe pain medication after the surgery. We waited for an hour with my husband in accute pain until nurses could get a hold of Marcus and request the prescription. Later, when after chemo my husband developed a bladder infection we could not get a prescription from Marcus for weeks. My husband died because of this man's criminal negligence and ignorance.
Dr. Marcus was very kind and helpful to us during the treatment of my husband's prostate cancer at the tender age of 50. We both saw him many times, he gave us great referrals for various treatment modalities, we even emailed back and forth as questions arose. Best of all, my husband remains cancer free after 11 years. It remains a problematic illness with no good options, especially for a younger man, but he helped us through the whole process.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Marcus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Michael D Marcus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Marcus in this video.
Dr. Michael D Marcus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.