Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr
Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boynton Beach, FL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Mellman is affiliated with Delray Medical Center and Bethesda Heart Hospital. Dr. Mellman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr has the following 13 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 77
Dr. Mellman is a wonderful physician, he always has time to listen. I know that I can ask or tell him anything. He is always positive even when I feel that I could have been a better patient. His appointments run on time 99% of the time & usually its the patient running late that may delay an appointment. I have to drive 25 minutes to see him & he is worth the drive.
Dr. Mellman was dismissive in treating my father's diabetes. He was curt and only adjusted his insulin levels after his second admittance to the hospital in one month. He finally adjusted his insulin after the whole family made an appearance in his office. He had my father write down pages and pages of blood sugar levels to mail into the office. I am convinced no one ever looked at them. Despite this, my dad saw Dr. Mellman as scheduled and diligently continued to write down insulin levels three times a day and mail them in. He was admitted the hospital earlier this month with blood sugar of over 700. He was discharged without my family ever laying eyes on Dr. Mellman and died 6 days later. He had more than diabetes in the end the blame lies with many but I hope that in the future, Dr. Mellman recognizes that all patients are people with lives and families and deserve the respect and treatment the Hypocratic Oath is designed to provide.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mellman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBoynton Beach Endocrinology Pa, 10150 Hagen Ranch Rd Ste 201, Boynton Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr in this video.
Dr. Michael J Mellman Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boynton Beach, FL.