Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael B Millis has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Dislocation
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Legg-Perthes Disease
- Femur Head Necrosis
- Sports Medicine
- Developmental Bone Diseases
Showing 5 of 44
I became a patient of Dr. Millis when I was 13 years old after having about a year of excruciating pain in my left hip. After seeing a few doctors at a children's hospital in providence.. Nobody could tell me what was wrong. Dr. Millis immediately saw that I had congenital hip dysplasia, as well as a crack in my left hip (due to constant impact).At the time, I was a competitive figure skater.. So the news of having to get surgery and not be able to train for approximately 6 months was more than devastating. However, Dr. Millis did everything in his power to ensure that I would recover and be back on the ice before I knew it. He has an amazing way about him that completely puts his patients at ease. He cares about each and every one of them..which is what makes him such a great doctor. Needless to say, after 2 months on crutches and about 4 months of intense physical therapy.. I was back on the ice training. I am now 23 years old and teach figure skating for a living.. And Dr. Millis is a big part of why I am able to do so. I highly recommend Dr. Millis.. Especially to injured athletes.
Amazing doctor. Super nice and personable. Spends time with the patient and answers all questions. Writes letters/reports to the patient/patient's family explaining conditions and giving advice and recommendations. Answers emails within 24 hours. Goes above and beyond!!! If you are ever a patient of Dr. Millis, you will never be pleased with another doctor ever again.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2013, 2015, 2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2009, 2016, 2011, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2009, 2016, 2014, 2015, 2008, 2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
48 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1970
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Michael B Millis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBoston Childrens Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael B Millis in this video.
Dr. Michael B Millis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.