Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael S Oakley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael S Oakley has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michael S Oakley has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Oakley is a truly caring doctor/ person. He has seen me through cancer & heart stent procedures & he is so genuinely happy when things are going well for me. No matter how busy he is he takes all the time you need with him. You could not ask for a nicer office manager. She knows everyone's name & keeps everything moving so smoothly even though she is handling several jobs at once.
Don't bother scheduling an early appointment with this doctor. He will have you waiting and waiting because he strolls into his office at his own convenience. Maybe show up with a watch to give him. After waiting for so long the appointment is rushed to a 15 minute encounter (10 of those minutes being waiting time in the room).
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1988
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Michael S Oakley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael S Oakley Md Pc, 60 N Main St, Southampton, NY
Dr. Michael S Oakley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southampton, NY.