Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mona M Shangold has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Pelvic Exam
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Menstruation Disturbances
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Adolescent Medicine
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 23
Horrible. Avoid. I went to Dr. Shangold for years out of convenience until I'd finally had enough. She is rude, nasty and judgmental. She will talk down to you and make you feel like an idiot. She will try to push antidepressants on you. She also likes to charge you as much as she possibly can. She'll make you come into the office to discuss test results (even if the result is negative) just so she can charge you another copay. I cannot stress enough: AVOID THIS DOCTOR. You deserve better.
This woman is an egomaniacal sadist. "Rude" does not even say it. I mentioned to her that I take cranberry tablets to prevent my recurring UTIs and that they have been helping me. She called this "hokus pokus," as though I were an idiot. HELLO LADY, look it up...you've never heard of cranberries being helping for the urinary tract?? She refused to write me a prescription for a problem I was having...the reason? Get this....she had told me to return for an exam in 6 months, and I waited a year instead. This was her idea of revenge (she actually admitted this to me)! I do not need a routine appt. every 6 months, you money hungry b....! She asked me if I wanted advice for exercise, and I responded yes. Instead of giving me the advice, she said I would have to make another appointment to get it! I never returned. DO NOT USE HER
I was in search of a good gyno especially since it was for my first exam ever. As a newbie to this, I wasn't sure how to do the appropriate research so I found Dr. Shangold & decided to make an appointment. She was extremely good the first time I went there; talked me through the entire process, was careful & patient with me. However, the story quickly changed when I went back for my 2nd visit the following year. There is one nurse that works there who is incredibly rude. I did not see Dr. Shangold until an hr & a half after the time of my appointment and she was in so much of a rush that I was in pain during the entire exam. My 2nd pap smear results came back as abnormal and I had to make many visits back to Dr. Shangold due to that. She barely explained anything to me. I was left with so many questions unanswered. If you are currently researching for a gyno, I would highly recommend finding another one other than Dr. Shangold.
Dr. Shangold is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Mona M Shangold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCenter Womens Health Sport Gynecology, 1601 Walnut St Ste 1200, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mona M Shangold in this video.
Dr. Mona M Shangold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.