Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Moossa Heikali has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 36
You enter a very unappealing office where perhaps 20 patients sit and stand and crouch on the floor waiting for hours to see him. And I mean HOURS! I have been going every Monday for 6 weeks running, waiting never less than 2 hours and sometimes over 3 hours! I've never seen anything like it. It took 15 days to receive 20 pills. I waited all that time in sheer agony. He and his office didn't know how to deal with my ins. co. I spent a week figuring out what and how they had to do and ended up filling out the forms for them because his staff wouldn't lift a finger.He is a nice man, but you spend maybe 5 minutes with him - constantly interruped - and get fair care. I think that he is just racking up the office visits to line his pockets rather than trying his best to deliver optimal health. Maybe that is what the medical profession has come to now, but I have never seen it to this scale before.
42 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Moossa Heikali accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Moossa Heikali is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.