Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mubina Gaffar has the following 3 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mubina Gaffar has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Mubina Gaffar has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mubina Gaffar is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
The paramedics took my 86 year old mother in law to San Antonio Hospital 2 weeks ago. She has since gone downhill and is going to pass soon. We have no problem with her passing,, but we do have a problem with this COLD, HEARTLESS doctor. She took over for another doctor and after one day tells us we need to get her out of the hospital THAT DAY !! Mind you up until then no one has told us anything about going home, but after one visit this doctor knows everything. We tried to talk to her and she has no compassion for anything or anyone. I work in the medical field and I warn you DO NOT LET THIS DOCTOR TOUCH YOU.
This doctor has no compassion. She did not give my father any hope when he was hospitalized. She and her team had no idea what my father had but experimented on him with various medications and daily x-rays for 20 plus days. They had him on steroids which forced them to give him insulin shots 6 time a day, and he never took insulin befire he was admitted. They gave him anti-coagulant and he ended up bleeding to death. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM HER AND SAN ANTONIO HOSPITAL in Upland, CA where she practices now.
26 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Mubina Gaffar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsSonia Ralli Grewal Md, 520 Superior Ave Ste 390, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mubina Gaffar in this video.
Dr. Mubina Gaffar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.