Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mulugeta D Kassahun has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Mulugeta D Kassahun has the following 7 expertise
- Urologic Emergencies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
Dr. Mulugeta D Kassahun has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 71
I tookmy father to this doctor and would never recommend him to anyone. I found out on my own by looking at my father's medical records online that he has kidney cancer. No one at this office felt it was necessary to contact my dad and inform him. When we went in for the appointment, this doctor had not even reviewed the biopsy report that he had for over two weeks. He then acted like it was no big deal. He was arrogant, unprofessional, and completely unhelpful.
After miserable experiences with Southwest Medical Associates I was most fortunate to get an appointment with Urology Specialists. I was told about Dr. Kassahun by a Marine Corps friend who has seen him for years and absolutely every good thing I was told about Dr. "K" was an understatement! He isn't 'just' a doctor, he started his medical career as a licensed pharmacist and later became a urologist and a surgeon! He is even a US Army Lt Colonel medical corps surgeon with combat experience!!! Okay, what does that mean for YOU - I am telling you that Dr "K" will fight for your health - ALL OF IT! He asks more questions than I have ever been asked and you know that he cares about your entire lifestyle as well as the urology issue you are seeing him for. He tells it like it is and gives you all the time and in-depth explanations you will ever need. Dr. "K" is simply the finest doctor I have had in my 68 years of sometimes challenging health issues! Thanks Doc!
Dr. Kassahun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Mulugeta D Kassahun accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN Bien Southern NV
- Health Plan of NV HMO Southern NV
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mulugeta D Kassahun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.