Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nikhita N Dhruv has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 89
Have been a patient for many years simply because of convenient location. Office staff is rude and hates the Dr. Run like a concentration camp. They can't keep appts straight and when THEY screw up they treat the patient lije a criminal. Dr. Talks to her recorder not you, HUGE pusher of lipator...must be on their payroll.....acts as if she is God and shows no concerns for your questions and concerns.....very snippy if you question anything. Talks down about other Dr's as if she is only one qualified. Had enough after conversation with a rude nurse ....found new dr
went to the hospital with chest pain and had really poorly controlled diabetes. Amazed how well respected Dr Dhruv is among the nurses and other physicians. She was very patient and explained the relationship between heart attacks and uncontrolled diabetes. Got my blood sugars under control in a timely fashion with the full intention of trying to prevents similar events. I was very fortunate that she still comes to the hospital, as I learned that my endocrinologist does not which is when I needed him the most.
Excellent doctor !! I was nervous about going to a specialist thinking my illness was serious. Yes I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor and it was really daunting to me. Dr Dhruv is incredibly knowledgeable and very compassionate Explained everything to me using terminology I could understand. I really felt that we would tackle the diagnosis, further workup, and treatment as a team. Felt to reassured and at ease. So glad my doctor referred me to Dr Dhruv !
Moved from Pennsylvania and my primary Doctor suggested I see an endocrinologist. My doctor and several friends had suggested dr Dhruv I am so pleased with seeing her. She is kind and professional and explained the nuances of my ailments with compassion. More than just her knowledge which I later found out by nursing staff at the hospital is vast, her demeanor and compassion for helping people is incredible. Kuddos !!
I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. I am on a natural thyroid hormone. The artificial, synthetic med, Synthroid was making me sicker every year. I finally got better on the natural hormone. This doctor gave me one choice.. go back on the synthetic, or leave and don't come back. She never even examined me. Yet charged me 45.00 just to tell me No! I asked for my copay back and she laughed at me. Very unprofessional.
Dr. Dhruv is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Nikhita N Dhruv accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMegan Danielle Wood Md, 2290 W Eau Gallie Blvd Ste 100, Melbourne, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nikhita N Dhruv in this video.
Dr. Nikhita N Dhruv is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.