Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
2010 review is just not accurate!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku - Posted on June 28th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku - Posted on November 18th, 2017
Internists can handle anything! He actually takes the time to talk to you.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku - Posted on April 19th, 2017
Best Dr. I've ever had !
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku - Posted on June 4th, 2010
Listened to my whole story.Thourghly examined&questioned me to obtain info pertinant to my condition.Answers&explains all questions.Recommends any testing needed, while considering your hardships of cost.I've nothing but good things to say about this human being.I love him.If not for this man and his concern/caring for me,,I seriously believe that I would be on disability and unable to work and/or hold a fulltime job.Without a doubt,,Dr. Ajanaku is one of the BEST !!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku - Posted on March 23rd, 2010
Dr. Ajanaku and his staff are among the most unprofessional staff I have ever encountered. As a chronic pain patient who has been going to doctors for a long time now- that is saying alot. He has a HUGE turn over in office staff, some are polite and some are extremely rude. Dr. Ajanaku himself does not understand how insurance works and tried (sometimes successfully) to charge patients for things they are not responsible for. As for his bedside manner- it needs work. His strengths are his willingness to listen to your complaints and adjust medication accordingly. He will not let you be in pain just because a particular week or month your body requires more. I appreciated that about him more than words can say. Now, having said that...if he "thinks" you owe money because he does not understand how insurance works then you WILL NOT get any medication even if you end up in the emergency room because of severe withdraws.
36 Years Experience
University Of Lagos
Graduated in 1982
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku
Dr. Ajanaku received his medical degree from the University of Lagos, in Lagos, Nigeria. He completed his internship and residency training at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland and Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. Dr. Ajanaku is board certified in internal medicine.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Olakunle D Ajanaku is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.