Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul A Gessman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
I don't know which is worse - the doctor or his staff. I think they have been around for so long that they think they are entitled to the arrogant attitude they have. Horrible horrible staff, especially the receptionist - the old lady. They are not under new management, I believe Amboy medical - even worse than before.
Dr. Gessman has a terrible bedside manner. He has an arrogance about him and although he pretends to listen to what you're saying, he doesn't really listen to patients. We waited so long to see him and then he was so matter-of-factly - very uncaring and inattentive to our needs. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody after the experience we had with him..
this doctor's lack of caring about a sick person is atrocious. I had an appointment with him once where I was taken violently ill and this man's idea of caring was to jump out of the way as I was being ill and leave the room and attend to another patient! not once did he come in after that to see how I was doing. no "are you okay, or how are you doing now... etc. NOTHING. he left me there to have a cup of water that one of his nurses aides gave me. (I thanked HER for the courtesy and caring, NOT HIM) he is pompous, arrogant and I would not recommend him to anyone who was ill. Not only is he unprofessional, his office staff's reception and customer service skills are deplorable... they get nasty with you for nothing and you wait and wait to see the 'doctor' (the other doctors in the office are okay in my view, with the exception of dr. Gessmanm who seemingly strolls in at his leisure examines you gives his impression and prescriptions for your malady and leaves. Do yourself the favor and DO NOT make an appointment with this doctor. You'll be glad you didnt.
Dr. Gessman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1978
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Paul A Gessman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates Of Richmand County, 2260 Victory Blvd, Staten Island, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul A Gessman in this video.
Dr. Paul A Gessman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.