Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter C Kowalski has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have an autistic daughter and we have been seeing Dr. Kowalski since 2006 and we LOVE him! We have seen other psychiatrists throughout our years and he is one of the best! He is very thorough with explaining medication (i.e. why he is prescribing them, what to expect, the history of them, etc.). He actually listens to what is being said and works with patients for the best outcome. Having an autistic child presents its challenges and we have tried several different treatment methods (i.e. DAN Doctors, diets, etc.) and Dr. Kowalski has been very open and willing to work alongside us as partners to ensure the best quality of life for my daughter. His staff is QUICK to call back, get information that is needed for insurance claims, or assist in anyway. Everyone in this office is very polite, professional, and caring. Honestly, I can't say enough positive things about them. I have recommend Dr. Kowalski to all my friends, family, and even a few strangers when asked about a great psychiatrist.
Having dealt with a couple of psychiatrist's before, my expectations were low. I was very surprised. Dr. Kowalski actually listened to everything I had to say and asked questions that had never been asked before that turned out to be significant. He spent more time with me on my first visit than my last two psychiatrists did in 8-10 sessions. He asked me what I felt about certain medications that he thought about prescribing due to certain potential side effects and told me what to expect over the next few weeks while my system adjusted to them. To the point, he is the most impressive psychiatrist I have dealt with. He tells me what he thinks about what I have said rather than just asking me how I "feel" and has given me insight into my own thought processes that I never would have come to on my own. A few months under his treatment has been better than 2 years by previous doctors combined. His staff is also very quick to respond and is ready to provide me with whatever paperwork that I need. He and his office get A+'s across the board. I am very happy that I found him. I will update this if anything changes, but so far, so GREAT!
He will spend as much time with you as need be and will not treat you like a number. It's wonderful to have a doctor that cares about my well-being. He's upbeat, EXTREMELY knowledgable in his field, and his staff made me feel like family. I am so glad I found Dr. Kowalski. He's a keeper!!-K.D.
35 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
C F Menninger Memorial Hospital
Dr. Peter C Kowalski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBehavioral Health Center, 2280 E 25th St, Idaho Falls, ID
Dr. Peter C Kowalski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Idaho Falls, ID.