Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Prashanth R Palwai
Dr. Prashanth R Palwai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kingwood, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Palwai is affiliated with Kingwood Medical Center. Dr. Palwai has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Prashanth R Palwai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lupus Vulgaris
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Raynaud Disease
Showing 5 of 20
VERY RUDE. He cut me off mid-sentence more than once. He never put one single hand on me. NO EXAM. When I asked if my symptoms could be arthritis, he asked me to show him my hands, then answered 'NO' without ever touching me or doing any blood labs. As I was looking at my notes to ask more questions, he got up and started to walk out of the room. I found a new dr. who did blood work & turns out, I indeed have arthritis - a genetic form that is VERY RARE. DO NOT RECOMMEND to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Palwai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Kurnool Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Edgewater Hospital (Chicago Il)
Dr. Prashanth R Palwai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreater Houston Diabetes And Endocrinology Center, 19701 Kingwood Dr Ste A, Kingwood, TX
Dr. Prashanth R Palwai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingwood, TX.