Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Quazi M Imam
Dr. Quazi M Imam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Imam is affiliated with Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial and Driscoll Childrens Hospital. Dr. Imam has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Quazi M Imam has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 40
Got an appointment in a week when my son first saw him. I was informed what my co-pay would be before I came in. Told me it was a consult only reason being that sometimes people might need mor intensive treatment like in a facility. Every appointment is case by case. My son was on three medications and after labs the Dr. would decide what medications would be best for his age, weight ,lab tests and had less side effects. I did not know resperdal caused breast enlargement in boys. All my son's medications were changed and we are still here three months later. My son is doing great on one medication. Best part is that he interacts with my in conversation. Made my son laugh and showed him a short video clip on what ADHD is in a way my son could understand. He also gives him homework. Like, how he will change his behavior. Going on three months now and feeling I am giving my son the best care, I can give him as his Mom.
My 9 year old son has been seeing Dr. Imam since 2011. He is treated for his ADHD and Dr. Imam has helped him develop self confidence and perform well in school. He always asks how he does with his teachers and school work and then also at home. He sees my son every three weeks and he has helped him feel good about himself. With Dr. Imam's help, my son continues to thrive in all of his chosen activities. His prescriptions are tools that help my son become successful.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Imam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Saint Petersburg State University
Graduated in 1979
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Quazi M Imam accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsQuazi M H Imam Md, 1833 W Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, TX
Dr. Quazi M Imam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.