Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raman K Bhasin has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Raman K Bhasin has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 5 of 11
I am the adult son of an elderly patient of this Dr. Bhasin who has been under his care for apparently some time. After my mother's emergency transfer from home to the emergency room, the office left a message to see how my mother was doing. I returned the call and stated that she ended up being transferred to another hospital for a heart procedure. I was wished the best by this kind lady from the office.As the surgeon who performed what turned out to be open heart surgery was not to provide post operative care, he suggested the primary care giver, Dr. Bhasin to fill out the government regulated forms for absence from work, known as "FMLA" family leave of absence. The secretaries coordinated reports and they were in the hands of Dr. Bhasin's secretary. Dr. Bhasin phoned me at the onset of the weekend with an inquiry how my mom was doing. I answered in 50 words or less how she was stable but not advancing much.His response was he was sorry if I remember correctly, and that he would not be filling out these forms for me. I had already incurred absences and am threatened with not only loosing my mother but also my job if such forms are not rendered and accepted.His insensitivity to my personal needs was glaring.Three days later one of the secretaries phoned to help with the forms and I replied that the doctor would not be signing them.Although my personal gripe is shall we say, administrative; however, I am not 100% sure the work he has done with my mother did anything to prolong her live, nor prepare her or the surgeon for this invasive procedure and precarious results.
38 Years Experience
Sawai Man Singh Medical College
Graduated in 1980
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Raman K Bhasin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyu Langone Huntington Medical Group, 180 E Pulaski Rd, Huntington Station, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raman K Bhasin in this video.
Dr. Raman K Bhasin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Station, NY.