Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ravi K Yarlagadda
Dr. Ravi K Yarlagadda, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Jacksonville, FL. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Yarlagadda is affiliated with St Vincents Medical Center Riverside. He speaks English.
Dr. Ravi K Yarlagadda has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Yarlagadda saw a family member of mine in the hospital. This doctor is an embarrassment to the medical field. He was very confrontational he has NO bedside manners,he spoke about the patient in third person while the patient was sitting right by him. He does not explain things well at all. He was yelling at family members,he does not allow you to ask questions. He is extremely rude and he needs anger management. He does not speak to you nor the patient instead he speaks down to you. We did see him in the hospital but I can't imagine seeing him in an office. If you need a nero doctor or your family member does or if you are at St.Vincents and happen to need a nero and you see his name,please DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!! There are other doctors on his team that are much nicer and have bedside manners. Being sick and in the hospital is stressful enough on the patient as well as the family and having an incompetent doctor makes everything a hundred times worse. STAY AWAY FROM DR.YARLAGADDAD!!!!!!
My teen daughter needed help for severe migraines. He ran tests and didn't get results to us. He hospitalized her and didn't come to see her in three days (this happened twice before we switched docs). When I complained to the department chair, he assured me Dr. Ravi would be gone soon and assigned my daughter to someone else. I would recommend that patients find someone else BEFORE visiting Dr. Ravi Yarlagadda. He did not listen and was hard to communicate with.
Dr. Yarlagadda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Graduated in 1997
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Ravi K Yarlagadda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravi K Yarlagadda in this video.
Dr. Ravi K Yarlagadda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.