Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ravindu P Gunatilake has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I was sent to Dr. Gunatilake at his Glendale, AZ office for diabetic training, it was my second pregnancy, but my first time being diagnosed with gestational diabetes so it was brand new to me and slightly upsetting. Somehow there was a misunderstanding at his office, and I was first taken into an ultrasound room. I explained why I was there and that I didn't want to have an ultrasound since my husband wasn't with me, plus I had one scheduled at my obgyn's office the following week. The office then took full vitals: weight, urine sample, blood glucose level, blood pressure - not a big deal, but none of this was authorized by my obgyn. Then I met with Dr. G. he said he usually starts with going over how to test blood glucose, but since I was already doing that we'd move on, flipping the paper over and immediately going on to the next item to be discussed. Checking my blood sugar was brand new to me and I did have several questions. He gave the impression that he was the expert and I should just sit and listen and seemed annoyed with any questions asked, giving me short answers and continuing on with his speech. I tried telling him things I've been trying and even showing him some of the meals I've been eating - he showed absolutely NO interest in any of it. Also, interrupted me numerous times. He questioned whether I fasted prior to my 3 hour glucose test (because my levels were only slightly elevated), when I said yes, he asked if I "truly fasted", again the answer was "yes", I completely followed the directions given to me by my dr. He also implied that he was concerned my baby was too small - basing his comment solely on the fact I had only gained 10lbs. Then tells me "I may let you go to 40 weeks, or even past". I'm not sure why he thought that was his decision to make - he spent about 20 minutes with me, I've been under the care of my obgyn for 10 years and a previous pregnancy. He never asked if I had any questions, but did tell me I could "email" him if I had questions. I found him to be very cold and arrogant. He had me schedule a follow up appointment the next week for the ultrasound and yet another diabetic consultation. I saw my regular obgyn 3 days later who confirmed that was not at all the appointment I was supposed to have, that I was meant to see the nurse/dietician and she also put my mind at ease that my baby was not too small (she was confused as to how he could have even made such a comment without an ultrasound or doing an exam). She also confirmed that I did not need the ultrasound they scheduled me for. I have no plans to ever go back to Dr. Gunatilake or his office.
13 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Ravindu P Gunatilake accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravindu P Gunatilake in this video.
Dr. Ravindu P Gunatilake is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.