Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rebecca F Nachamie has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Rebecca F Nachamie has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
Dr. Rebecca F Nachamie has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rebecca F Nachamie is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I was a patient many years ago . I came to see Dr Nachamie with classic symptoms of endometriosis . She totally disregarded my symptoms and kept insisting I see her favorite endocrinologist even though I had one who I liked and trusted . She wouldn't address my symptoms unless I saw the endocrinologist she wanted ! I left the practice , had exploratory laotoscoouc surgery which diagnosed the endometriosis and due to the severity I had a total hysterectomy one year later . My life changed for the better .
I had been going to Dr. Nachamie for many years. i always felt she was more focused on pregnancy and babies than general women's health, but felt comfortable and continued to go to her for checkups. However, in recent years, I had a few frankly disturbing interactions, the worst of which was when i spoke to her about hot flashes and other mid-life symptoms. She told me there was no way to check my hormone levels (!) - yes i asked her to repeat this twice and then confirmed in writing. She then prescribed HRT. I asked her about side effects and she said there were none (!!!!!). I was appalled and subsequently went to another doctor who of course tested my hormone levels -- they were high -- taking HRT would've put me at serious risk for stroke. This happened over a year ago and has troubled me ever since. I don't like writing this but i feel like women should know. Perhaps D. Nachamie is not as sharp as she once was.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
49 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1969
Li Jewish Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGynecology & Obstetrics Associates, 47 E 88th St, New York, NY
Dr. Rebecca F Nachamie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.