Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard L Shriner has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Richard L Shriner has the following 19 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Schizoid Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Compulsive Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Geriatric Medicine
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Richard L Shriner is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Shriner, during the time I was seeing him, helped me make some significant changes or adaptations in my life. He was intellectually engaging and a good educator. I always had complete trust in Dr Shriner. Not only was he my psychiatrist but also one of the best therapists I've ever had. I would recommend Dr Shriner and I would go to him again if the need arose.
He will make you think you are sicker than you really are, by asking you lude questions. He's probably the sick one. He will jump up your dose and mix it up with others with out seeing what a prier dose will do. Al at the same time convincing you that it is a great idea and that it will not hurt you. After seeing him my life suffered a GREAT deal. If anyone gets a chance to read this I urge you please if you have a problem of some kind DON't see Dr.Shriner, PLEASE.
36 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Richard L Shriner accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsUF Health Shands Childrens Hospital, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard L Shriner in this video.
Dr. Richard L Shriner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.