Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Kunau Jr
Dr. Robert Kunau Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kunau is affiliated with University Hospital, University Health System and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Kunau Jr has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Kunau is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Health System
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
TX Health Dallas
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
51 Years Experience
University of Iowa
Graduated in 1962
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Robert Kunau Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Robert Kunau Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.