Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Robert J Simon
Dr. Robert J Simon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sherman Oaks, CA. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert J Simon has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert J Simon has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Robert J Simon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert J Simon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I rarely have any thing wrong with me, so Simon was my doctor for a long time. The last visit, I complained about having a lot of pain behind my right knee. He did not look to see where the pain was, did not refer me to any therapist and said "They won't do surgery on you". Yes I have a weight problem, but have worked out 3 times a week for 15 years with a trainer. I have a lot of muscle and good balance. He couldn't even know what was wrong or what was needed. I changed doctors, the new doctor couldn't understand why Dr. Simon said that and surprise he actually checked out where the pain was. He sent me to a orthopedist who gave me a cortisone shot back in May. No pain since. No surgery. I had suffered with the problem for 3 months where walking down a slight slope of a driveway was painful.
Dr. Simon has been taking care of me since 2008. He is accomplished and knowledgeable to treat almost anything. He was able to give me an injection in my knee when my Ortho doc wouldn't give me a soon enough appt. He has a busy practice so his assistants do the follow up since he can not get on the phone. He does have shorter hours but it's never long to wait to get an appt.
Dr. Simon has been my primary care physician for about 15 years. Dr. Simon is a great doctor for family and primary care. His overall knowledge is excellent for treating and diagnosing general medical problems, and he never hesitates to refer me for tests or to a specialist if needed whether I am a ppo or hmo patient at the time. (I've actually had others doctors tell me they won't see hmo patients, obviously since not very profitable.) He was right-on diagnosing my burning pelvic pain as a gallstone when I had no typical symptoms of upper quadrant pain. The most important qualities I appreciate about Dr. Simon are: he is very professional while still being a really nice down-to-earth personable human being; he has a great deal of respect for women, and is not condescending and listens to what I say and think might be my problem; he doesn't quickly write out an rx for an antibiotic to make me happy when it's just a virus or give me habit-forming sleeping pills I beg for since I am an insomniac; in contrast to most egotistical, condescending, cold, sterile doctors, he isn't afraid to have a cheerful personality with a sense of humor most of the time, which helps patients feel at ease. Aside from that, I can get an appointment the same day (instead of waiting weeks) 4 days a week, but only 24 hours a week, which forces me to go to urgent care instead of him occasionally . And last but not least, his office staff is efficient, sweet, friendly and courteous---the absolute best. And Dr. Simon obviously loves kids, since he has 4, of which three are triplets! A good asset for a family doc, don't you agree?
I've been a patient of Dr. Simon for about 5 years. I really like him, he is personable, smart, funny and is extremely personable and treats you very well like a person. He works with me on my illness instead of treating me without me having no say. I really like Dr. Simon. I think I was very lucky when I found him. He is caring about his patients an it's easy to stay in contact with him if something is wrong. Thank you Dr. Simon, you are the best.
Dr. Simon has been pretty much my only doctor since I was seven years old; I am now in my mid-twenties, and have seen him within the last year. The staff have become significantly more complacent in regards to turnaround of test results, and so forth. My parents also have been going to Dr. Simon for quite a while, several years before I started seeing him. He has an interest in my well-being, to an extent, but does not view me as an adult patient; he openly tells my parents, without my consent, things about my health. Three years ago, he sent two notices regarding an HPV diagnosis during my yearly pap smear/pelvic exam-one addressed to my parents!!! They do not know I was intimate with one guy in college, and it's not particularly their place to know. It should be on my terms. I believe this violates HIPAA, but I'm not going to deal with this anymore. I am beginning to move my medical care closer to where I live, with people who will give me accurate care, without being inappropriately attached.
- Technion Israel Institute Of Technology
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Robert J Simon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert Jeffrey Simon Md, 13320 Riverside Dr Ste 214, Sherman Oaks, CA
Dr. Robert J Simon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.