Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rodger A Sleven has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Liver Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colorectal Cancer
- Digestive System Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have gone to Dr Sleven for years. He always gives the best service. Acts like he has all day to listen to your complaints. He goes beyond with his explanations concerning what you are concerned about. I am going to be one sad lady when this man retires. I have recommended him to a number of friends. They have always been pleased with their experience.
In my new patient appointment Dr. Sleven strongly implied that I lied about my past medical diagnosis and testing (one of which I had done the previous week), became angry when I offered to get him my medical records confirming what I had told him (he only had the most recent records). He then made his diagnosis and prescribed medication before I could give him even half of my symptoms. When I tried to tell him that I had not yet given him all the information he dismissed the next GI symptom I explained, again implied he did not believe me then ended the appointment. He was dismissive in the extreme and so aggressively confrontational that I cried in the exam room (which only seemed to increase his anger). I left the appointment notably shaken. Furthermore, I discovered at checkout that after being prescribed an entirely new class of medication Dr. Sleven recommended no follow up visit. I have rarely been treated so badly by anyone in my life and NEVER by any sort of professional. While I do not know whether or not Dr. Sleven is a good diagnostician, I do not believe he did his due diligence before making a diagnosis and prescribing medication and I found the interaction to be shockingly inappropriate. I truly hope that nobody else has to endure this sort of treatment by Dr. Sleven. On a positive note I do however recommend the clinic (Just not Dr. Sleven!!!!). The staff was quite kind, helpful and easy to work with and goes the extra mile in correspondence.
One of the most approachable doctors that I've been a patient of...very impressive.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Rodger A Sleven accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Hills GI Assoc / Parent, 9701 SW Barnes Rd Ste 300, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rodger A Sleven in this video.
Dr. Rodger A Sleven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.