Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald D Farran has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ronald D Farran has the following 11 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Movement Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 13
I saw Dr. Farran because I had all sorts of strange things happening in a short period of time. He spent a few minutes with me, gave some tests & his diagnosis. He said I had Alzheimer's disease! What a devastating thing to hear. I went thru torture. I did/do not have Alzheimer's. What I had was a reaction to prescription meds my internist put me on. Once I went off most of meds, everything straightened out & all my symptoms cleared up. He not only diagnosed me wrong, he reported me to the DMV so they would pull my driver's license. Another scene that was horrendous. Now I have the DMV on my back wanting to "test" me every year to be sure I don't have anything wrong. FYI there is no such thing as "fast onset" Alz. It takes years to show all the symptoms I had. I've seen other doctors & they said you cannot diagnose Alz. in a few minutes! They also said I don't have Alz. I went back to Farran & he retested me. When he looked at the results of the tests his comment was "Wow, a person with dementia could not do this". In short he said I am fine.
Dr. Farran is an expert in his area of medicine. Moreover, he spent extra time asking important questions, explaining his diagnosis, referring me for tests and physical therapy, and his demeanor is very pleasant. In addition, the office staff are very friendly, and, generally my wait time is about 5 minutes.
Dr. Farran is very knowledgeble and trained at the best and highly rated hospitals. Listened to me, made me feel at ease. I feel he is a very competent physician and would not hesitate to recommend him (as I have). Office is comfortable and staff is courteous. And he good at diagnosing and and treating the problem. Well respected in the medical community. I did my homework!
Dr. Farran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Ronald D Farran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ronald D Farran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rolling Hills Estates, CA.